Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Long Range Wedding Day Weather Forecast

A bride challenged me to help her to schedule her outdoor wedding on a day without rain. What do I look like, God? That's why you develop a plan B for your outdoor wedding. If it rains you move it indoors. Its not rocket science. But she insisted there HAS to be a way to know for sure.

So I hit the web. I vaguely remember seeing a web site that said you could predict the weather way in advance for beach weddings. I couldn't find it.

There are a lot of sites that talk about weather prediction. The amount of weather statistics made me break out in a rash. There are even some sites that for a fee will guarantee you 85% accuracy of their long range prediction. I don't know what they will give back if they are wrong. How you can even prove that it rained where you were if they said it was going to be dry? You can't just plug in a date and a place and read the forecast. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could? Weather is science and Mother Nature is not always predictable. How many times are you looking out on rain and the idiot on the radio is talking about sunshine?

Instead I came to the conclusion that not much trumps the good Old Farmers Almanac and a plan B.

No comments: